This Policy does not apply to any third-party application or website that may link to or be accessible from or on our website.
Information IP Collects
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including information that may personally identify you; information that is about you but doesn’t identify you; and information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website, and usage details. We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us; automatically as you navigate through the website (which may include usage details, IP addresses, browser type, location information, and information collected through cookies); and from third parties.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect from you may include:
- Information you provide when asking a question about us.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time submitting a request for information regarding our privacy practices and the information we collect about you. For example, when you submit a “Contact Us” form, we collect your name, email, phone number, the type of support you require and your question/comment. If you submit a “Join Us” form, we collect your name, email, phone number, education level, academic major, years of experience and your resume.
- Records and copies of your correspondence with us (including email addresses).
- Information you provide when you use SM pages on social media sites, such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube (Social Media Pages).
- Information you provide through our job application site.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We may tie information collected about you automatically to personal information about you that we collect from other sources you provide to us. The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
A cookie is a small text file sent by a website that is stored on your hard drive by your computer’s browser. Managing cookies varies from browser to browser, so please refer to your browser for further information. If you would like to disable cookies from the website, please use the help function in your web browser to restrict cookies. If you block cookies from the website, you may not be able to use other interactive features of the website.
SM may also use service providers and/or third party analytic companies acting on behalf of SM to implement these cookies and similar technologies to help us track, collect and analyze this information to improve the website.
Social Media Pages Information
- Personal Information Collected Directly by IP: IP may collect personal information from you through our Social Media Pages if you provide it. An example of how personal information may be collected directly on Social Media Pages includes your interaction with a SM representative concerning an issue, question, or comment.
The social media sites where IP has its Social Media Pages may provide aggregate and customer information and analysis to IP about visitors’ use of our Social Media Pages.
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about us, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, databases and other technology assets, and business (e.g., security checks for on-site visitors).
- To help us gain a better understanding of your likes and dislikes to improve our website and the services we offer.
- To personalize your experience on our website.
- In connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations).
- To produce consumer insights (e.g., general research on our consumers; conduct consumer testing, surveys, and panels; data analytics and modeling).
- To process your application for employment with IP
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of IP assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by SM about our website users is among the assets transferred.
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell your information or personal information, however, we share your information but not your personal information with the third parties such as service providers (e.g., analytics providers).
IP may share aggregate information about our users with business partners and other third parties. For example, we may say that the IP audience is x percent females and y percent males. This data is used to customize IP content to deliver a better user experience for our users.
IP may disclose user information in special cases where we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) IP rights or property, other IP website users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. IP may disclose user information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
Acceptance of this Policy
Revisions to this Policy
IP reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add, remove, or otherwise revise portions of this Policy at any time. If we do, we will provide access to the immediately prior version of the Policy on the website. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes to these terms means you accept these changes.